Marcus was called to serve in the Japan Kobe Mission. He entered the MTC on May 19, 2010. He arrived in Japan on August 3,2010.
Elder Horton will be returning home on April 27, 2012!

Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Week 10 in Japan!

皆元気?
So yeah this last week was way crazy but I had some good times. Last week after P-Day, I had an exchange with Elder McGuire in Ako. Which was the longest exchange ive ever had. Elder McGuire is just one of those people who are really hard to hang out with for a whole day. I dont think id survive if he was my companion. but anyways. we went and did service at an old folks home kind of thing and there were tons of old people and stuff. and old people are SO hard to understand. there was one lady who was 100 years old! and whatever it was she was saying sure didnt seem like japanese to me. I played Shogi with one old guy who was way good and he was talking to me and whole time telling me tips and stuff but i only understood two words he said the whole time. "Gin," which is one of the pieces of shogi, and "akan" which is kansaiben for Dame which mean bad or no good or something. but yeah i actually was able to beat him with his help which Mcguire said that they hadnt been able to do.
Anyways, after that, we had Interviews with the president on wednesday which was good. We're lucky to have a mission president as good as president is. itll be interesting to see how the mission changes when we get a new one half way through my mission.
but yeah then from thursday to friday, we had the Assistants to the president come in and Dendo with us for a day which was way awesome. Elders Budge and Solomon came and showed us a thing or two. Elder budge is my companion, Elder Escalante's trainer so they had a lot to talk about and whatnot. but during that day, between us, we found 6 new investigators, one of which, elder budge and I were able to teach a lesson to later that day which was really good. it was one of the funnest days ive had so far on my mission and i learned a ton. hopefully we'll be able to meet with those investigators again and they can get progressing or something. i guess we'll see.
yeah yeah then saturday and sunday we finally got to see general conference and check out what everyone had been talking about. I liked the confrence in general. especially Uchtdorfs talks. his two were my favorites. The other speakers were pretty good, though i didnt appreciate the bashing on video games. but whatevs.
So yeah things are going here. today i think we're going to go hit up a science museum or something. Im way excited. i miss science and math and stuff. one of my favorite times of the week is adding up my travel fees for reimbursements just because i get to do some math. someone send me a good calculus problem or something (ill probly regret asking for that). well hope things are rockin in the states. love you all
Elder Horton
ホートン長老

1 comment:

  1. Now good shogi videos created by HIDETCHI in English are available to watch on YouTube. You can learn lot of tips from them. Please go there and search by using the keyword "shogi"

    ReplyDelete