Marcus was called to serve in the Japan Kobe Mission. He entered the MTC on May 19, 2010. He arrived in Japan on August 3,2010.
Elder Horton will be returning home on April 27, 2012!

Saturday, March 12, 2011

Tsuyama week 7&8

Week 8-
Yeah so I got emails from just about everyone expecting to hear something cool because of the earthquake. I'm really sorry to disappoint, but I actually didn't feel anything from where I'm at. The quake was actually very far away and Tsuyama is too far from the coast to be anywhere near danger of Tsunami. But i really appreciate everyone's concern. You all know more about the quake than I do, but from what I have heard by way of mouth, it was pretty freaking bad. So keep the people of the Sendai area in your thoughts and prayers and stuff. thanks.
So really this week was pretty normal for me. We had some lessons with some of our investigators and less actives. which all went really well. We talked to Hiromi-chan who is a less active who served a mission in the temple square mission, so she speaks english and teaches a childrens english class. We asked if we could do anything to help her and she said it'd be cool if we'd come visit her class. so we did. it was way fun and afterwards, we talked to two of the kid's moms who both said they wanted to try and come to church sometime. We also visited one of our PI's, Yamamoto Kemi-san who said that she had been reading the book of mormon we had given her and that it was easy to understand. which is unheard of coming from a Japanese person. It usually takes a very very long time before people can understand the scriptures very well here. Probably because she has a Catholic background. which is also rare, but we set up an appointment with her and probably her friend, Oyagi Kasumi-san as well for tomorrow. should be good.
This coming week, Elder Nuttall is going out for some training so its going to be me and my junior from the MTC, Elder Randall, tearing it up. Its gonna be legit and stuff.
So life goes on as usual for us in Tsuyama. sorry for another boring email.
Love,
Elder Horton

Week 7





























Yeah so last monday, we went to Okayama to hang out as a district and see Okayama castle. it was pretty cool i got to wear a totally manly kimono. That was good times. we thought it would be the last time we could do it because we figured half the district would tranfer that week but as it would turn out, nobody did with the exception of Sister Etchu. So I'm still with Elder Nuttall in Tsuyama. First time I'll be staying with a companion for more than one transfer. Then after getting transfer calls, I started feeling really sick so I was like "I hope i dont get sick, better drink some orange juice." so i drink half a carton of OJ and soon im throwing up everything in my stomache and in a whole lot of pain. It got pretty bad, so we had to cancel Eikaiwa and our Ward mission leader came over and took us to the hospital. Somehow they found out i drank orange juice and they were all freaking out. Its aparently a very bad idea. i hear the nurses talking, all like "Didnt his parents ever teach him anything?" etc etc. So i learned my lesson. dont drink orange juice when your stomache doesnt feel good. They pumped me full of a couple good meals worth of vitamins and minerals and stuff through and IV and gave me some pills. After that, the rest of the week was spent recovering in the apartment unfortunately. We started feeling better and got out a little bit yesterday and the day before but we didnt accomplish much. I think we'll be fine from here on out though. So yeah kind of a bummer. But i figuered i have to go to the hospital atleast once on my mission. that and i had to wear a kimono atleast once. got two things off my list this week!
love,
Elder Horton
PS. If you want better pictures, give me money to buy a better camera. in the mean time, blame mom.
never mind its out of batteries or something. pictures will have to wait till next week.

Nevermind, im stupid, here are the pictures.
1. Okayama Castle
2. my ohime wave
3. kimono was hot





No comments:

Post a Comment