Marcus was called to serve in the Japan Kobe Mission. He entered the MTC on May 19, 2010. He arrived in Japan on August 3,2010.
Elder Horton will be returning home on April 27, 2012!

Sunday, January 22, 2012

Release Date i s April 27th!

So earlier this week, we had interviews with President Zinke. I had been waiting for interviews to discuss when I would be returning home. And I talked with president with it but even by the end of the interview, he couldn't give me a sure answer. I was pretty annoyed by the whole thing mostly just because of the whole not knowing thing. But I just got an email from president and he confirmed my date for April 27th. So now I know. Its a weird feeling. I think i liked not knowing better. But anyways, I just thought I'd let everyone know. I haven't thought about it enough to know what day ill be landing in America. the whole time difference thing makes my head hurt.
I think i mentioned in my last email that this week was going to be a busy one and it was pretty busy. companion exchanges with Nicholes長老 and Gardner長老 who now that i think about it, sat on either side of me at the MTC way back in the day. Its always way fun to get to work with the elders you knew from all the way back then. Crazy to see how much we've grown up and yet at the same time are exactly the same.
In terms of Niihama, things are pretty chill. unfortunately, we weren't able to make contact with Megumi-san this week so we have no idea how she's doing other than that she's busy. But we were able to have a really good lesson with Kana-san about prayer. She prayed at the end of the lesson and has really good, strong beliefs. it was refreshing. Also Shinohara Mizuki-chan and her younger sister, Hikari-chan both showed up to church. even though they were really late, they went to seminary and had a really good time i think.
So things are finally starting to roll a bit and as luck would have it, transfer calls are next week. No idea whats going to happen, not even a guess. But its going to be a pretty important call and if you don't know why, maybe i'll fill you in next week. I feel like I'm leaving stuff out, but lets just say it was a fun week hope everyone else is doing well.

love,
Elder Horton

No comments:

Post a Comment