Marcus was called to serve in the Japan Kobe Mission. He entered the MTC on May 19, 2010. He arrived in Japan on August 3,2010.
Elder Horton will be returning home on April 27, 2012!

Monday, March 19, 2012

Hanayashiki 6





His sense of Humor is Back!   Marcus told me his new companion reminds him of Brandon...
It doesn't mean I'm trunky, but I'm counting the weeks backwards from 6. So yeah I'm in Hanayashiki. the missionary i replaced is my good friend Elder Ewer. we were in the same district all the way back when i was in Ibaraki and he was here for the whole 7 transfers since. What he said is that he was 'one with the apartment' and so when he left, all hell broke loose. Seriously this apartment is a mess. I'm not much of a clean freak or anything but there's stuff everywhere. It doesn't help that there's this crazy lady, Shimizu-san who always gives the missionaries tons of random stuff. As it would turn out, Ewer and I actually found Shimizu-san on our companion exchange so long ago. I remember her but i thought she would go away after giving us those flowers. but it turns out shes been wreaking havoc the whole time i was in Niihama. All that aside, things are good. Bailey長老 is a good missionary and he's cool. I'm glad i get to work with a companion that can speak Japanese and hold his own part of the work. We met with some of our investigators this week and had two of them come to church. one is Araki-san who has a lot of questions and a smoking problem but he shows some promise maybe. The other was Kariya-san who is a member's mother and since she is quite old has a hard time understanding things some times. but she said she wanted to get baptized in our lesson with her so how about that. The ward here is big, and while its nice in some ways, in more ways it makes me miss Niihama. Someday ill head back and visit that place when i got a whole bunch of extra money lying around. We're trying to use P-days effectively since there's cool stuff to see and I've wasted the majority of my P-days up to this point. So hopefully we'll get out to kyoto and downtown osaka at some point this transfer. Today, we're going to a ramen museum. if we can find it.  
love you all,

No comments:

Post a Comment