Marcus was called to serve in the Japan Kobe Mission. He entered the MTC on May 19, 2010. He arrived in Japan on August 3,2010.
Elder Horton will be returning home on April 27, 2012!

Monday, July 4, 2011

Ibaraki week 5, new bike & Week 6, new president

Last conference with President McIntyre

First conference with President Zinke with (Usui-sama in the background.)

Week 6  July 3





This week was pretty sweeet. Talked to a lot of people found some promising new investigators, but weren't really able to meet with our current ones much. It was a bit of a bummer. Hondayama-san's mom is still in cahoots with satan it seems. But we were able to have some really good member lessons and had a less active family come to church along with a member's friend who was referred to us and is now a very promising investigator by the name of Hayashi-san. Yesterday, we met with the Ikawa family and had some pretty dang legit mexican food. it had just about everything except for sour cream which does not exist in Japan. But man it was sooo good. Good day. We also, with permission from the mission president, were able to go to another Movie Night activity. So yeah I saw Toy Story 3 and didnt even cry that much. it was awesome.
This past week, we got a new mission president, President Zinke who we got to meet on Friday. McIntyre was very powerful, but President Zinke is i think softer and more of a spiritual man. Already, little things are starting to change. like for instance, We were expecting to get transfer calls tomorrow, but we got them today. My companion, Elder Hale, is off to Matsue. And I'll be training a new missionary. From what I hear there are going to be no Japanese Beans so I'll be with another companion with low level japanese it seems. Its not really a problem just that it is more work for me. It should be a blast though. Apparently President Zinke makes a big deal of being a trainer so im expecting a call from him later today to let me know about all my new responsibilities. should be good times. I hope my bean has a good brain in his head for serious. I'll let you know next week.
Love,
Elder Horton
 
Week 5  June26
 
Well hello, hello!
So I went to Asahi and got a new bike. I had a warranty so It only cost be 20% of what the old one costed but after the expenses for the light and basket and lock and insurrance, it still came out to around 15000yen. So I had to take some funds out of personal funds and im completely broke. But on the bright side, I got a new bike just as I'm getting near my half way mark in Japan. It works out pretty nicely.
This week, Hondayama-san was sick so we weren't able to meet with him, but we've been calling him and emailing him to keep up on his BOM reading. Similar situation with Kawai-san who hasnt been able to meet in June but says he'll come to church on Sunday. He read in the Book of Mormon all the way up to 2 Nephi 4. so we're pretty happy about that. I was also committing him over the phone to throw away all his drugs and alcohol so he could quit. It took a couple tries but eventually we called him and he said that he did it. So he's getting on his way. We also met this last saturday with a new investigator by the name of Ou-san. His name is a little awesome because he's originally from China. But we had a way good lesson with him and committed him to baptism on the 31st of July. So as things are now, we're looking to see 3 baptisms this next month which would be pretty sweet. After Ou-san's lesson, we had a ward sports night activity. We played Badminton with Ou-san and he destroyed me. I didnt know someone could be that good at badminton.
We also met a brazilian guy. So he's obviously an investigator. His name is Raffael and i dont think he owns a shirt.
All in all a pretty fun week. We even got to eat pizza that still wasnt quite american pizza, but was actually really good. nice.
well thats all for now.
 
love,
Elder Horton
 
I'll have to take some pictures sometime.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment