Marcus was called to serve in the Japan Kobe Mission. He entered the MTC on May 19, 2010. He arrived in Japan on August 3,2010.
Elder Horton will be returning home on April 27, 2012!

Sunday, May 22, 2011

Tsuyama week 18

I hear that Grandpa Horton turned 80. It is cool and everything but really its only 4 times as old as me. When i was 10, he was 70 which is 7 times older. That was impressive. Haha Love you, Grandpa. 
 
This past week on Thursday, Elder Warner and I hit our 1-year mark so in order to celebrate, we just partied all week. By partied, i mean that we went and knocked on doors and stuff and actually were on trains all day on Thursday because we had a Zone Conference in Okayama. But all the same, it was good times. And we kind of got calls from all our investigators telling us that they cant meet with us for a while. I guess its a busy time of year or something. Really every time of year is busy for people in Japan. This next week is going to be a very busy one for us as well though. Elder Warner got his transfer call this morning and he is going back to Tokyo on thursday. The assistants wouldnt tell us what my transfer is going to be so i have to wait till tomorrow. but chances are that ill be getting a new companion and staying in Tsuyama unless something crazy happens. So I guess im excited to hear who my new companion is going to be. We're also going to be working very hard to get people to our Branch conference that we're having on the 29th. We're inviting everyone we see and getting members to invite our investigators. We're also calling all sorts of old members from the list we have. Some of them are quite rude to say the least. Like this character yesterday who pretended like he couldn't understand my japanese though we both knew he could. But I also did talk to one nice person. Maybe they'll come. Well i dont really remember where i was going with that, but I guess we're keeping busy.
Next week should have some new stuff in store so I'm excited.
 
Love,
Elder Horton

No comments:

Post a Comment